About our customer
Our customer is one of India’s largest PVC pipe manufacturers & multi polymer processors. Incorporated in 1987, and a highly regarded PVC pipes brand, winning the Brand of the Year – Pipes Award at INEX Realty+ Awards 2021.
Our customer specializes in manufacturing world-class plumbing, sewerage & drainage piping systems for both residential and commercial applications and CPVC piping systems or industrial pipes that find applications in industrial and infrastructure projects. As a leading UPVC pipe manufacturer, and maker of PVC pipes and CPVC pipes in India, they also serve the agriculture sector through products in borewell and agriculture piping categories.
Their global collaboration with Lubrizol’s best-in-class technology is set to create a strong & sustainable partnership in the piping Industry.
Challenges faced by the customer
The existing workloads of Prncepipes were hosted on 3rd Party local datacentre with legacy hardware and were using Windows and SQL 2008 & 2012 R2. Due to this, they were facing compliance, cost management, scalability, security , High Availibilty and performance issues. They are required to rehost applications on new versions and Windows server 2019 and SQL 2017 as per compliance needs.
The existing workloads of the customer were hosted on a local datacentre with legacy hardware. Due to this, they were facing compliance, cost management, scalability, security , High Availibilty and performance issues.
Here are the key challenges faced by the customer-
- Their existing infrastructure was restrictive. Their critical applications were all hosted on a third-party on-premises datacentre.
- Need for Business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Absence of Future roadmap for application and database modernization.
- Critical LOB Application hosted on the legacy operating system.
- The third-party operations were not compliant with the latest security regulations and were quite expensive.
- They were unable to scale up or down in real-time, further impacting costs.
- Low bandwidth issues with their existing setup posed a continuous pressure, causing performance issues.
- The existing storage infrastructure made the process of accessing data cumbersome.
Solutions offered by Embee
We recommended to rehost their Windows and SQL virtual machine from on-premises to Azure on Windows 2019 and SQL 2017 for their Citrix VDI and Critical LOB application i.e. Navision ERP system. We also suggested BCDR and Backup solution using ASR and Azure Backup which will help them to achieve HA and data availability for their LOB application. Our cloud experts implemented NexGen firewall to achieve better security for application.
Here is the solution implemented by our cloud experts: –
- SQL query optimization and implementation of SQL IaaS platform resulted in better transaction performance of ERP system, I/O operations, and wait-time reduction BI dashboard queries.
- Implementation of Cloud Gen firewall to secure application and network traffic.
- Ensured secure access to the mission-critical application in the hub and spoke model.
- Implementation of private connectivity using Azure EXPRESSROUTE for Citrix VDI (5 locations) resulting in seamless end-user access to the application.
- Azure cost management helped customers estimate future budgets and get unified visibility of the Operational cost for the resource usage.
- Azure Identity access management helped in management and secure access to the resources by leveraging Azure RBAC & Azure MFA.
- Implementation of flexible Azure Reserve Instance and AHUB benefit resulting in 25 to 30% cost savings.
Tools and Technologies Used-
- Azure Windows server Virtual machines
- Azure SQL Standard & Enterprise server Virtual machines
- Azure Monitor
- Azure Security center
- Azure Policy
- Azure load balancer
- Azure Monitor
- Azure Availability set
- Azure Storage
- Azure Key vault
- Azure EXPRESSROUTE
- Azure VPN gateway
- Azure Automation
- Azure Marketplace – Cloud Gen Firewall (FortiGate)
- Azure Backup
- Azure Site recovery
- Azure Active directory
- Azure RBAC
- Azure cost management
Impact of the solution
The cloud solution implemented enabled our customer to meet their client’s compliance requirements while guaranteeing data security and high application availability for top-notch performance. Some of the benefits provided by our solution include:
- Having a pre-approved cloud provider enabled our client to have compliance, unified visibility, and control on infrastructure security.
- Better Database performance by using SQL server on latest OS version on Azure i.e. Windows server 2019 & SQL 2017 on Azure.
- Improved Application delivery performance using private connectivity and leveraging Azure premium disk.
- Customer observed a cost reduction of 20% due to significant reductions in procurement, implementation, and maintenance costs.
- Azure site recovery for cost-effective, efficient, and transparent DR solution.
- Reduced application life cycle management and boost the performance of core ERP applications.
Sailing smoothly with Azure Migration
The customer is now reassured with a cost-effective, scalable, reliable cloud solution, saving on major infrastructure costs and provide unprecedented peace of mind. The solution is universal.
The benefits of such migration are being more widely adopted to reduce costs and attain the desired scalability and uptime. It can be applied to any organization running business-critical applications with variable utility.
Here are some of the key solutions and benefits of Azure Migration-
- Rehost Infrastructure on Azure IaaS platform.
- Modernize backend using Azure SQL managed instance.
- Modernize data warehouse solution using Azure Synapse.
- Automation of infrastructure using Azure automation.
- HA & DR for Windows and SQL platform.
- Application monitoring using application insights.
- Unified visibility and security control.
With Embee’s dedicated consultation, robust delivery, and reliability of the Azure platform, the customer is also expanding their Azure utilization by migrating the rest of the entities to the cloud.